The Australian Forests and Climate Alliance is an Australian community network working to protect Australia’s native forests and secure a safe climate for future generations. The Australian Forests and Climate Alliance (AFCA) was formed in Canberra, Australia, on 29-30 January 2009. Read More
- How can protecting forests possibly help secure a safe climate?
- But if forests are cut down don’t forests grow back and soak up carbon again?
- If we use the trees for timber and paper won’t that lock up the carbon?
- What about burning forest wood to make electricity as a climate friendly, alternative to coal?
- How much would it cost to stop logging our forests then?
- I’ve heard we’d have to import timber if we stopped logging.
- The logging in other countries would have to be worse surely?
- We’re told that most forests are protected – is that right?
- About us
- Member Groups
- Take action
- Campaigns & issues
- States and regions
- Conditions of Use
- Members Only